Traveling is an experience that everyone should try. Visiting different places and experiencing what the place and its people has to offer can provide valuable learning and perspective that you cannot get just by staying in your comfort zone.
One of the things that you will have to look for if you would like to maximize your money for traveling is to find hotels that come with affordable rates. Finding such a hotel will let you save some money for other things such as food or longer stay in a place that has so much to offer. Also, whether you are traveling to another country or simply going for a staycation in a Makati hotel, finding cheap hotel rates is always a good thing. Below are some tips that will help you do this.
- Go online. Among the many things that have been made possible with the Internet is the opportunity to find the rates of various hotels from different sites at the tip of your fingers. Check the websites of different hotels because some of them offer periodic online rate promotions. Do not forget to do some site-hopping among booking websites to compare the best rates and offers that you can get.
- Check other dates. If the dates you plan to stay in the hotel are flexible, make sure to check the rates for other dates. The hotel just might be having promotions running for dates close to your initial target dates.
- Book in advance. Some hotels and booking websites offer as much as 30% off their already low rates for bookings that are made a month or more in advance. Check if there is such an offer with the hotel or the booking website then adjust your dates accordingly.
- Research on loyalty programs or memberships. Most hotels offer some form of program or membership where you can be entitled to discounts and other offers. This is especially useful if you are traveling with a group and will be getting more than one room, because you can immediately apply the discount or offer and offset any fee you paid for the program or membership.
- Check packages. If you plan on availing of other stuff such as tours and meals, check if the hotel or booking site offers packages which might accommodate these. These packages are often priced so that you can get big discounts than if you had paid for the items separately.